International Fitness and Bodybuilding Federation
The International Federation of Bodybuilding and Fitness (IFBB), founded in 1946 in Canada, has 199 affiliated nations and is one of the largest and most active international sport federations in the world.
- Holds competitions in the eleven following competitive sports: men’s bodybuilding, men’s classic bodybuilding, men’s fitness, men’s physique, women’s physique, women’s body-fitness, women’s bikini fitness, women’s fitness, mixed pairs, children fitness, men’s wheelchair bodybuilding.
- Organizes more than 8,000 local, national, regional, continental and world championships each year. Bodybuilding and Fitness, are very popular sports practised as a healthy lifestyle worldwide.
- www.ifbb.com receives 15 million hits each month from almost all countries around the world.
- IFBB Social Media reaches a very impressive number of followers, athletes, officials and Fitness enthusiasts, multiplied by millions through the social media of its 199 national affiliated federations
- IFBB is signatory of the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) Code, and strongly believes and supports the sport values, and the promotion of health.
- IFBB considers that the combination of proper training and nutrition, supported and guided by skilful and well prepared coaches and trainers, are essential to promote athletes’, in all levels and disciplines, physical conditions and the public health, with tolerance zero to doping.
- The International Federation of Bodybuilding and Fitness (IFBB) is the sport federation responsible for the management of bodybuilding and fitness worldwide, being a full member and/or being recognised by the following sports institutions and organizations:
- Muscle and Health, the official IFBB magazine with editions in Spanish, English, Arab and Indi languages; IFBB events, Photo galleries, athlete interviews, IFBB news together with Nutritional and training articles in a reader friendly design; a magazine from the athlete to the athlete.
- As the worldwide authority on weight training and sport nutrition, the IFBB has an extensive Educational Course Program that provides qualified certification to Bodybuilding, Fitness, Health and Sport related individuals from a variety of academic and professional backgrounds.